Feb 13, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
This is about as straight-forward a BSOHL as you can get.
Pirates reliever Jason Grilli posted this to his Facebook page, thanking his personal trainer. I’d like to think that the capitalization of “Life” is evidence that Grilli is aware that BSOHL is a thing now:
Best shape of my Life Thanks to @RhFitPro A.K.A. Randy Hadley, A.K.A. Mr. Miogi – Ready to go to the beach in Bradenton and continue the process! 2012 Ready!
Well, it’s actually spelled Miyagi, but I suppose we’ll give Grilli a pass here. Why? Because along with that status update comes a picture of him running on the beach, which gives me all kinds of “Rocky III” Apollo-Balboa training sequence warm fuzzies.
Wait, those aren’t warm fuzzies. Those scenes were actually kind of creepy when you think about it.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)