Feb 13, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
This is about as straight-forward a BSOHL as you can get.
Pirates reliever Jason Grilli posted this to his Facebook page, thanking his personal trainer. I’d like to think that the capitalization of “Life” is evidence that Grilli is aware that BSOHL is a thing now:
Best shape of my Life Thanks to @RhFitPro A.K.A. Randy Hadley, A.K.A. Mr. Miogi – Ready to go to the beach in Bradenton and continue the process! 2012 Ready!
Well, it’s actually spelled Miyagi, but I suppose we’ll give Grilli a pass here. Why? Because along with that status update comes a picture of him running on the beach, which gives me all kinds of “Rocky III” Apollo-Balboa training sequence warm fuzzies.
Wait, those aren’t warm fuzzies. Those scenes were actually kind of creepy when you think about it.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 118
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 30
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 35
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (127)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)