Feb 13, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
This is about as straight-forward a BSOHL as you can get.
Pirates reliever Jason Grilli posted this to his Facebook page, thanking his personal trainer. I’d like to think that the capitalization of “Life” is evidence that Grilli is aware that BSOHL is a thing now:
Best shape of my Life Thanks to @RhFitPro A.K.A. Randy Hadley, A.K.A. Mr. Miogi – Ready to go to the beach in Bradenton and continue the process! 2012 Ready!
Well, it’s actually spelled Miyagi, but I suppose we’ll give Grilli a pass here. Why? Because along with that status update comes a picture of him running on the beach, which gives me all kinds of “Rocky III” Apollo-Balboa training sequence warm fuzzies.
Wait, those aren’t warm fuzzies. Those scenes were actually kind of creepy when you think about it.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 9
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 43
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)