Feb 13, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
This is about as straight-forward a BSOHL as you can get.
Pirates reliever Jason Grilli posted this to his Facebook page, thanking his personal trainer. I’d like to think that the capitalization of “Life” is evidence that Grilli is aware that BSOHL is a thing now:
Best shape of my Life Thanks to @RhFitPro A.K.A. Randy Hadley, A.K.A. Mr. Miogi – Ready to go to the beach in Bradenton and continue the process! 2012 Ready!
Well, it’s actually spelled Miyagi, but I suppose we’ll give Grilli a pass here. Why? Because along with that status update comes a picture of him running on the beach, which gives me all kinds of “Rocky III” Apollo-Balboa training sequence warm fuzzies.
Wait, those aren’t warm fuzzies. Those scenes were actually kind of creepy when you think about it.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)