Feb 13, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Kevin Goldstein of Baseball Prospectus has posted his annual list of the 101 best prospects in baseball and it’s in front of the site’s paywall, making it free to read.
I won’t spoil the whole list, which along with Baseball America and Keith Law of ESPN.com are my three must-reads each year, but Goldstein’s top five are Rays left-hander Matt Moore, Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper, Angels outfielder Mike Trout, Rangers shortstop Jurickson Profar, and Braves right-hander Julio Teheran.
Goldstein’s rankings are always an interesting, unique mix of scouting reports and statistical analysis, so definitely check it out.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 1
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 44
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 44
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 42
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)