Feb 13, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Kevin Goldstein of Baseball Prospectus has posted his annual list of the 101 best prospects in baseball and it’s in front of the site’s paywall, making it free to read.
I won’t spoil the whole list, which along with Baseball America and Keith Law of ESPN.com are my three must-reads each year, but Goldstein’s top five are Rays left-hander Matt Moore, Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper, Angels outfielder Mike Trout, Rangers shortstop Jurickson Profar, and Braves right-hander Julio Teheran.
Goldstein’s rankings are always an interesting, unique mix of scouting reports and statistical analysis, so definitely check it out.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)