Feb 13, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Kevin Goldstein of Baseball Prospectus has posted his annual list of the 101 best prospects in baseball and it’s in front of the site’s paywall, making it free to read.
I won’t spoil the whole list, which along with Baseball America and Keith Law of ESPN.com are my three must-reads each year, but Goldstein’s top five are Rays left-hander Matt Moore, Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper, Angels outfielder Mike Trout, Rangers shortstop Jurickson Profar, and Braves right-hander Julio Teheran.
Goldstein’s rankings are always an interesting, unique mix of scouting reports and statistical analysis, so definitely check it out.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)