Feb 13, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
Sports Illustated’s Joe Sheehan and I were on NBC SportsTalk on NBCSN on Friday evening talking about what’s gone down this offseason. And boy, don’t we look smug? I kind of think we look smug.
Anyway, we did it in “Who ya got” format: who’s better: Angels or Tigers? Whose contract is gonna be a bigger millstone, Pujols or Fielder? What team improved itself the most? Which new manager is going to have the biggest impact in 2012?
It’s a pity Joe and I basically see the world in the same way because it keeps us from fighting too much. I think next time I’m just gonna make up unreasonable crap to see if I can get him to blow a gasket. Yes, that would be great fun!This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 63
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 30
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 20
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)