Feb 13, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
Last week Walt Jocketty said he was “sick and tired” of rumors about the Reds negotiating with Roy Oswalt and today the general manager told John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer that he doesn’t anticipate making any more significant moves.
“We’ll meet again Wednesday and review it, but I think we’re pretty well set,” Jocketty said, adding that he thinks Oswalt “is waiting for Texas to clear money.”
That’s the second time Jocketty has made it clear that he expects Oswalt to wind up with the Rangers. Of course, Jocketty has also said that the Reds haven’t talked to Oswalt’s agent for more than a week, so how much insight into the situation the GM actually has is unclear.
Less than 48 hours ago Jayson Stark of ESPN.com wrote that Oswalt to the Rangers “is not gonna happen.”
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20