Feb 13, 2012, 5:05 PM EST
Last week Walt Jocketty said he was “sick and tired” of rumors about the Reds negotiating with Roy Oswalt and today the general manager told John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer that he doesn’t anticipate making any more significant moves.
“We’ll meet again Wednesday and review it, but I think we’re pretty well set,” Jocketty said, adding that he thinks Oswalt “is waiting for Texas to clear money.”
That’s the second time Jocketty has made it clear that he expects Oswalt to wind up with the Rangers. Of course, Jocketty has also said that the Reds haven’t talked to Oswalt’s agent for more than a week, so how much insight into the situation the GM actually has is unclear.
Less than 48 hours ago Jayson Stark of ESPN.com wrote that Oswalt to the Rangers “is not gonna happen.”
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)