Feb 13, 2012, 8:54 AM EDT
UPDATE: It’s now being reported that the Indians have a minor league deal in place for Garland, pending a physical.
Garland used to be a decent innings-eater, but the innings ate him last year. His season ended in July with rotator cuff surgery. He’s not likely to start spring training on time or, at the very least, at 100%. I’d assume that this would be a minor league deal with lots of incentives built in if he makes the club.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 41
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 214
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (214)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)