Feb 14, 2012, 9:47 AM EST
Some people say Valentine’s Day is a Hallmark holiday. Other people think it’s an important day on which to express one’s love for another. Still others, no matter what they think of the day’s legitimacy, dread it either because they have no love in their life or because they do but they can’t stand the expectations and anxiety Valentine’s Day causes.
I don’t know where I fall on that continuum. It’s been a rather extreme year for me, romantically-speaking. As a lot of you know, I’m getting divorced and that’s kind of a drag. But as some of you also know, I’m in a new relationship and that’s pretty exciting. What I feel about love and the rituals which surround it is very different depending on when, exactly, you ask me.
But I do know this: if everyone who has a special someone in their life got them this card, the world would be a more romantic place:
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 60
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 22
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)