Feb 14, 2012, 9:47 AM EST
Some people say Valentine’s Day is a Hallmark holiday. Other people think it’s an important day on which to express one’s love for another. Still others, no matter what they think of the day’s legitimacy, dread it either because they have no love in their life or because they do but they can’t stand the expectations and anxiety Valentine’s Day causes.
I don’t know where I fall on that continuum. It’s been a rather extreme year for me, romantically-speaking. As a lot of you know, I’m getting divorced and that’s kind of a drag. But as some of you also know, I’m in a new relationship and that’s pretty exciting. What I feel about love and the rituals which surround it is very different depending on when, exactly, you ask me.
But I do know this: if everyone who has a special someone in their life got them this card, the world would be a more romantic place:
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)