Feb 14, 2012, 9:47 AM EDT
Some people say Valentine’s Day is a Hallmark holiday. Other people think it’s an important day on which to express one’s love for another. Still others, no matter what they think of the day’s legitimacy, dread it either because they have no love in their life or because they do but they can’t stand the expectations and anxiety Valentine’s Day causes.
I don’t know where I fall on that continuum. It’s been a rather extreme year for me, romantically-speaking. As a lot of you know, I’m getting divorced and that’s kind of a drag. But as some of you also know, I’m in a new relationship and that’s pretty exciting. What I feel about love and the rituals which surround it is very different depending on when, exactly, you ask me.
But I do know this: if everyone who has a special someone in their life got them this card, the world would be a more romantic place:
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)