Feb 14, 2012, 9:47 AM EDT
Some people say Valentine’s Day is a Hallmark holiday. Other people think it’s an important day on which to express one’s love for another. Still others, no matter what they think of the day’s legitimacy, dread it either because they have no love in their life or because they do but they can’t stand the expectations and anxiety Valentine’s Day causes.
I don’t know where I fall on that continuum. It’s been a rather extreme year for me, romantically-speaking. As a lot of you know, I’m getting divorced and that’s kind of a drag. But as some of you also know, I’m in a new relationship and that’s pretty exciting. What I feel about love and the rituals which surround it is very different depending on when, exactly, you ask me.
But I do know this: if everyone who has a special someone in their life got them this card, the world would be a more romantic place:
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 0
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 5
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 24
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 29
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 349
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (349)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (183)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)