Feb 14, 2012, 9:47 AM EST
Some people say Valentine’s Day is a Hallmark holiday. Other people think it’s an important day on which to express one’s love for another. Still others, no matter what they think of the day’s legitimacy, dread it either because they have no love in their life or because they do but they can’t stand the expectations and anxiety Valentine’s Day causes.
I don’t know where I fall on that continuum. It’s been a rather extreme year for me, romantically-speaking. As a lot of you know, I’m getting divorced and that’s kind of a drag. But as some of you also know, I’m in a new relationship and that’s pretty exciting. What I feel about love and the rituals which surround it is very different depending on when, exactly, you ask me.
But I do know this: if everyone who has a special someone in their life got them this card, the world would be a more romantic place:
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)