Feb 14, 2012, 4:27 PM EST
Good luck with that, Jose. In his last season — 2010 — he was injured, ineffective, traded and then was busted for HGH shipments. What’s he gonna say at the interview? He left his last job because his employer didn’t share his vision for the company?
In other news, this is what Jose Guillen said on February 22, 2011 when he was likewise training and hoping to land a major league job:
Today I have authorized my agent to explore the market and see if there is any interest in an outfielder and designated hitter,” Guillen told ESPNdeportes.com on Tuesday from the Dominican Republic. ”If in a week no offers, then I will retire permanently from baseball,” he added.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)