Feb 14, 2012, 9:20 AM EDT
Orioles top-prospect Manny Machado is either the most optimistic man on the planet or else he’s just an awesome team guy:
I hate how MLB keeps ranking my orioles in last place again. Man I can’t wait till we shut them up nd become al east division champs.
— Manny Machado (@MannyMachado3) February 10, 2012
Machado is 19 now and hasn’t played above A-ball, so you figure he doesn’t see the bigs until 2013 at the earliest. Then figure he has until he’s in his late 30s or so until his career winds down. So, sure, I’ll grant him that the O’s could win the AL East sometime in the next 18-20 years or so.
But if he’s talking about the 2012 Orioles, yes, that’s a big jar of crazy sauce.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)