Feb 14, 2012, 9:20 AM EDT
Orioles top-prospect Manny Machado is either the most optimistic man on the planet or else he’s just an awesome team guy:
I hate how MLB keeps ranking my orioles in last place again. Man I can’t wait till we shut them up nd become al east division champs.
— Manny Machado (@MannyMachado3) February 10, 2012
Machado is 19 now and hasn’t played above A-ball, so you figure he doesn’t see the bigs until 2013 at the earliest. Then figure he has until he’s in his late 30s or so until his career winds down. So, sure, I’ll grant him that the O’s could win the AL East sometime in the next 18-20 years or so.
But if he’s talking about the 2012 Orioles, yes, that’s a big jar of crazy sauce.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 5
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)