Feb 14, 2012, 8:55 PM EDT
Jones filed for a $7.4 million salary and was offered $5 million from the O’s when arbitration figures were exchanged last month. It took a little over three weeks for the two sides to find a middle ground.
An arbitration hearing was scheduled for Friday.
Jones, 26, batted .280 with a .785 OPS, 25 home runs, 83 RBI and 12 stolen bases in 151 games last year for last-place Baltimore. He’s currently slated to hit the free agent market after the 2013 season.
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness