Feb 14, 2012, 8:55 PM EST
Jones filed for a $7.4 million salary and was offered $5 million from the O’s when arbitration figures were exchanged last month. It took a little over three weeks for the two sides to find a middle ground.
An arbitration hearing was scheduled for Friday.
Jones, 26, batted .280 with a .785 OPS, 25 home runs, 83 RBI and 12 stolen bases in 151 games last year for last-place Baltimore. He’s currently slated to hit the free agent market after the 2013 season.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40