Feb 14, 2012, 8:55 PM EDT
Jones filed for a $7.4 million salary and was offered $5 million from the O’s when arbitration figures were exchanged last month. It took a little over three weeks for the two sides to find a middle ground.
An arbitration hearing was scheduled for Friday.
Jones, 26, batted .280 with a .785 OPS, 25 home runs, 83 RBI and 12 stolen bases in 151 games last year for last-place Baltimore. He’s currently slated to hit the free agent market after the 2013 season.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17