Feb 14, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
“Moneyball” was nominated for several Academy Awards, and over at the website Buzzsugar, they give some advice on how to throw a “Moneyball”-themed Oscar party.
- Serve beer and peanuts!
- Wear baseball jerseys!
- Decorate the room with gloves, caps and memorabilia!
I wonder what these captains obvious suggested when “Revolutionary Road” was nominated. That would have been a party!
I shouldn’t snark at them, though. At least they’re positive. More positive than my sabermetrician friends and I. Our plans for rallying around “Moneyball” on Oscar night: making arguments about how box office gross is a far better indicator of movie quality than actually winning the Best Picture Oscar due to the larger sample size of the ticket-buying public compared to the Academy.
Take that, “The Artist!”
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)