Feb 14, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
“Moneyball” was nominated for several Academy Awards, and over at the website Buzzsugar, they give some advice on how to throw a “Moneyball”-themed Oscar party.
- Serve beer and peanuts!
- Wear baseball jerseys!
- Decorate the room with gloves, caps and memorabilia!
I wonder what these captains obvious suggested when “Revolutionary Road” was nominated. That would have been a party!
I shouldn’t snark at them, though. At least they’re positive. More positive than my sabermetrician friends and I. Our plans for rallying around “Moneyball” on Oscar night: making arguments about how box office gross is a far better indicator of movie quality than actually winning the Best Picture Oscar due to the larger sample size of the ticket-buying public compared to the Academy.
Take that, “The Artist!”
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 0
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 19
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 22
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 66
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)