Feb 14, 2012, 10:30 AM EST
“Moneyball” was nominated for several Academy Awards, and over at the website Buzzsugar, they give some advice on how to throw a “Moneyball”-themed Oscar party.
- Serve beer and peanuts!
- Wear baseball jerseys!
- Decorate the room with gloves, caps and memorabilia!
I wonder what these captains obvious suggested when “Revolutionary Road” was nominated. That would have been a party!
I shouldn’t snark at them, though. At least they’re positive. More positive than my sabermetrician friends and I. Our plans for rallying around “Moneyball” on Oscar night: making arguments about how box office gross is a far better indicator of movie quality than actually winning the Best Picture Oscar due to the larger sample size of the ticket-buying public compared to the Academy.
Take that, “The Artist!”
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 0
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 3
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 23
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 33
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 86
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)