Feb 14, 2012, 10:30 AM EST
“Moneyball” was nominated for several Academy Awards, and over at the website Buzzsugar, they give some advice on how to throw a “Moneyball”-themed Oscar party.
- Serve beer and peanuts!
- Wear baseball jerseys!
- Decorate the room with gloves, caps and memorabilia!
I wonder what these captains obvious suggested when “Revolutionary Road” was nominated. That would have been a party!
I shouldn’t snark at them, though. At least they’re positive. More positive than my sabermetrician friends and I. Our plans for rallying around “Moneyball” on Oscar night: making arguments about how box office gross is a far better indicator of movie quality than actually winning the Best Picture Oscar due to the larger sample size of the ticket-buying public compared to the Academy.
Take that, “The Artist!”
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)