Feb 14, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
The Chicago white Sox signed Kosuke Fukudome. The deal: one-year, $1 million contract with a $3.5 million club option for 2013. $500K of that $1 million comes in the form of a buyout of next year’s option, so he’s making basically nothing during the season.
That’s pretty sweet. Fukudome was overpaid once upon a time, but a guy who can get on base a little (he hit .262/.342/.370 with eight homers last season) and who is useful with a glove is easily worth a million bucks these days.
I can’t help but think that a lot of teams could have used him at that price.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17