Feb 14, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
The Chicago white Sox signed Kosuke Fukudome. The deal: one-year, $1 million contract with a $3.5 million club option for 2013. $500K of that $1 million comes in the form of a buyout of next year’s option, so he’s making basically nothing during the season.
That’s pretty sweet. Fukudome was overpaid once upon a time, but a guy who can get on base a little (he hit .262/.342/.370 with eight homers last season) and who is useful with a glove is easily worth a million bucks these days.
I can’t help but think that a lot of teams could have used him at that price.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)