Feb 15, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Joe Maddon’s contract extension is official. Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times got a reaction from David Price about it:
“Joe is a players’ manager and I love playing for him. I’m happy he got an extension. My turn.”
Probably is, what with Price being on the arbitration train. He’s due $4.35 million this year, and if the Rays don’t lock him up long term, he’s going to get hella expensive in arbitration pretty quickly.
Of course, given how team-friendly the Rays’ extensions of their young players have been thus far (Longoria, 6yrs, , Price may want to be careful of what he wishes for.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)