Feb 15, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
Joe Maddon’s contract extension is official. Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times got a reaction from David Price about it:
“Joe is a players’ manager and I love playing for him. I’m happy he got an extension. My turn.”
Probably is, what with Price being on the arbitration train. He’s due $4.35 million this year, and if the Rays don’t lock him up long term, he’s going to get hella expensive in arbitration pretty quickly.
Of course, given how team-friendly the Rays’ extensions of their young players have been thus far (Longoria, 6yrs, , Price may want to be careful of what he wishes for.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 0
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 14
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)