Feb 15, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
I’m not sure if we should add his name to the usual list or start a separate list for minor leaguers, but Twins prospect David Bromberg is in The Best Shape Of His Life.
So says LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune:
David Bromberg, a Twins minor league righthander, is in outstanding shape.
— LaVelle E. Neal III (@LaVelleNeal) February 15, 2012
It’s worth noting that Bromberg also showed up to spring training last year having dropped about 30 pounds from his 6-foot-5 frame … and then missed most of the season after a line drive broke his forearm. He was later dropped from the 40-man roster, but could re-enter the Twins’ plans as a back-of-the-rotation starter at some point. Or possibly quit baseball for a modeling career, apparently.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 7
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 12
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 6
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles