Feb 15, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
I’m not sure if we should add his name to the usual list or start a separate list for minor leaguers, but Twins prospect David Bromberg is in The Best Shape Of His Life.
So says LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune:
David Bromberg, a Twins minor league righthander, is in outstanding shape.
— LaVelle E. Neal III (@LaVelleNeal) February 15, 2012
It’s worth noting that Bromberg also showed up to spring training last year having dropped about 30 pounds from his 6-foot-5 frame … and then missed most of the season after a line drive broke his forearm. He was later dropped from the 40-man roster, but could re-enter the Twins’ plans as a back-of-the-rotation starter at some point. Or possibly quit baseball for a modeling career, apparently.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 62
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 41
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)