Feb 15, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
I’m not sure if we should add his name to the usual list or start a separate list for minor leaguers, but Twins prospect David Bromberg is in The Best Shape Of His Life.
So says LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune:
David Bromberg, a Twins minor league righthander, is in outstanding shape.
— LaVelle E. Neal III (@LaVelleNeal) February 15, 2012
It’s worth noting that Bromberg also showed up to spring training last year having dropped about 30 pounds from his 6-foot-5 frame … and then missed most of the season after a line drive broke his forearm. He was later dropped from the 40-man roster, but could re-enter the Twins’ plans as a back-of-the-rotation starter at some point. Or possibly quit baseball for a modeling career, apparently.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)