Feb 15, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
I’m not sure if we should add his name to the usual list or start a separate list for minor leaguers, but Twins prospect David Bromberg is in The Best Shape Of His Life.
So says LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune:
David Bromberg, a Twins minor league righthander, is in outstanding shape.
— LaVelle E. Neal III (@LaVelleNeal) February 15, 2012
It’s worth noting that Bromberg also showed up to spring training last year having dropped about 30 pounds from his 6-foot-5 frame … and then missed most of the season after a line drive broke his forearm. He was later dropped from the 40-man roster, but could re-enter the Twins’ plans as a back-of-the-rotation starter at some point. Or possibly quit baseball for a modeling career, apparently.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)