Feb 15, 2012, 1:20 PM EST
I’m not sure if we should add his name to the usual list or start a separate list for minor leaguers, but Twins prospect David Bromberg is in The Best Shape Of His Life.
So says LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune:
David Bromberg, a Twins minor league righthander, is in outstanding shape.
— LaVelle E. Neal III (@LaVelleNeal) February 15, 2012
It’s worth noting that Bromberg also showed up to spring training last year having dropped about 30 pounds from his 6-foot-5 frame … and then missed most of the season after a line drive broke his forearm. He was later dropped from the 40-man roster, but could re-enter the Twins’ plans as a back-of-the-rotation starter at some point. Or possibly quit baseball for a modeling career, apparently.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (284)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)