Feb 15, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
The first A.J. Burnett-to-Pittsburgh rumor emerged during the first epoch of the Palaeogene Period in the modern Cenozoic Era. Things got more serious during the Eocene. Then there was that silly Burnett-to-Cleveland rumor during the late Oligocene. Since then we’ve been waiting around for this deal to finally get done.
But there’s hope on the horizon! Ken Rosenthal reports that the Yankees want this thing done by Saturday, which is a day before pitchers and catchers report to Tampa.
Which makes sense. If Burnett has to show up to Yankees camp it could be kinda awkward, what with reporters asking him if he’s excited to leave the Yankees for the Pirates. And with Burnett trying his hardest to be professional and say, yes, it’s everything he’s always wanted.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)