Feb 16, 2012, 8:32 AM EDT
Conversation I had last night as clips of Adam Jones played on a muted TV tuned to MLB Network:
Me: I think the Braves should trade for Adam Jones. Stick him in left for a year and then when Michael Bourn leaves, let him have center.
Her: He’s been sort of declining. Doesn’t get on base that well and it’s getting worse.
Me: It’s the Braves. They don’t believe in getting on base and I’m just learning to accept it. I like Adam Jones.
That’s what it’s come to, basically. Much easier to stop worrying and learn to accept things, you know? A guy who hits 25 homers and only gets on base at a .319 clip is pretty much made for the Atlanta Braves. And I do like Adam Jones, so I’d be cool with it.
But he’s still the Orioles’ guy. And Ken Rosenthal reports that if they want to keep him long-term, it’s gonna take a five year deal:
For Jones to agree to an extension, the Orioles would need to offer him at least five years, according to major-league sources. And if such a deal is to occur, it probably would behoove the Orioles to get it done before Opening Day.
Dooo it, Frank Wren. Dooo it.
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 46
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 60
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 104
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 75
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)