Feb 16, 2012, 8:32 AM EST
Conversation I had last night as clips of Adam Jones played on a muted TV tuned to MLB Network:
Me: I think the Braves should trade for Adam Jones. Stick him in left for a year and then when Michael Bourn leaves, let him have center.
Her: He’s been sort of declining. Doesn’t get on base that well and it’s getting worse.
Me: It’s the Braves. They don’t believe in getting on base and I’m just learning to accept it. I like Adam Jones.
That’s what it’s come to, basically. Much easier to stop worrying and learn to accept things, you know? A guy who hits 25 homers and only gets on base at a .319 clip is pretty much made for the Atlanta Braves. And I do like Adam Jones, so I’d be cool with it.
But he’s still the Orioles’ guy. And Ken Rosenthal reports that if they want to keep him long-term, it’s gonna take a five year deal:
For Jones to agree to an extension, the Orioles would need to offer him at least five years, according to major-league sources. And if such a deal is to occur, it probably would behoove the Orioles to get it done before Opening Day.
Dooo it, Frank Wren. Dooo it.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 80
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 143
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)