Feb 16, 2012, 8:32 AM EDT
Conversation I had last night as clips of Adam Jones played on a muted TV tuned to MLB Network:
Me: I think the Braves should trade for Adam Jones. Stick him in left for a year and then when Michael Bourn leaves, let him have center.
Her: He’s been sort of declining. Doesn’t get on base that well and it’s getting worse.
Me: It’s the Braves. They don’t believe in getting on base and I’m just learning to accept it. I like Adam Jones.
That’s what it’s come to, basically. Much easier to stop worrying and learn to accept things, you know? A guy who hits 25 homers and only gets on base at a .319 clip is pretty much made for the Atlanta Braves. And I do like Adam Jones, so I’d be cool with it.
But he’s still the Orioles’ guy. And Ken Rosenthal reports that if they want to keep him long-term, it’s gonna take a five year deal:
For Jones to agree to an extension, the Orioles would need to offer him at least five years, according to major-league sources. And if such a deal is to occur, it probably would behoove the Orioles to get it done before Opening Day.
Dooo it, Frank Wren. Dooo it.
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 40
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 25
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)