Feb 16, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
I have to put a caveat on this report from Carrie Muskat at MLB.com:
It’s all a matter of balance for Cubs catcher Geovany Soto. He’s working on better balance in his diet, which should help Soto keep off the 25 pounds he dropped this offseason.
The caveat being that he lost 40 pounds prior to the 2010 season. As Muskat reports, though, his diet wasn’t nearly as balanced then, though, so he may actually be in better shape now. And of course, we don’t know how many of those 25 pounds were some of the same pounds he lost when he dropped those 40.
So, what say you BSOHL star chamber? Does Soto qualify, or not?
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 1
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 5
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 18
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 41
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 22