Feb 16, 2012, 10:41 PM EDT
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported earlier this week that we would learn the fate of Ryan Braun‘s appeal before the outfielder reports to spring training, but Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports was told by a source “familiar with the appeal” that there’s a possibility a decision could take longer.
While there’s hope for a resolution on the matter by next week, Passan’s source says that it may not happen until the week after. Braun is scheduled to report to Brewers’ camp next Friday while the team’s first full-squad workout will take place the following day.
The 2011 National League MVP tested positive in early October for “insane levels” of synthetic testosterone and faces a possible 50-game suspension which would push his season debut back to May 31. If the suspension is upheld, Braun will still be eligible to play during Brewers’ spring training games.
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 17
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 4
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 62
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 13
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games