Feb 16, 2012, 10:41 PM EDT
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported earlier this week that we would learn the fate of Ryan Braun‘s appeal before the outfielder reports to spring training, but Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports was told by a source “familiar with the appeal” that there’s a possibility a decision could take longer.
While there’s hope for a resolution on the matter by next week, Passan’s source says that it may not happen until the week after. Braun is scheduled to report to Brewers’ camp next Friday while the team’s first full-squad workout will take place the following day.
The 2011 National League MVP tested positive in early October for “insane levels” of synthetic testosterone and faces a possible 50-game suspension which would push his season debut back to May 31. If the suspension is upheld, Braun will still be eligible to play during Brewers’ spring training games.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 34
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 38
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 77
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (212)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)