Feb 16, 2012, 10:41 PM EDT
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported earlier this week that we would learn the fate of Ryan Braun‘s appeal before the outfielder reports to spring training, but Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports was told by a source “familiar with the appeal” that there’s a possibility a decision could take longer.
While there’s hope for a resolution on the matter by next week, Passan’s source says that it may not happen until the week after. Braun is scheduled to report to Brewers’ camp next Friday while the team’s first full-squad workout will take place the following day.
The 2011 National League MVP tested positive in early October for “insane levels” of synthetic testosterone and faces a possible 50-game suspension which would push his season debut back to May 31. If the suspension is upheld, Braun will still be eligible to play during Brewers’ spring training games.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 23
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)