Feb 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
In a move that most of us probably wouldn’t notice if it wasn’t for the fact that he is a really bright guy who has, in the past, done interesting things that ballplayers tend not to do, Ross Ohlendorf has signed a minor league deal with the Red Sox.
So, yes, from a personality standpoint that’s neat. From a baseball standpoint — no offense, Ross — pretty meaningless. Ohlendorf has battled shoulder problems for two years, posted an 8.15 ERA in eight starts last year and looks to be more than organizational depth at best for the Red Sox.
But hey, at least he’s got that Princeton degree and the research experience at the Department of Agriculture to all back on.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 3
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 2
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 22
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (96)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)