Feb 16, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
I can’t remember trade talks/rumors that have gone on this long. Especially not for a pitcher as mediocre as A.J. Burnett. But they’re still going on.
But today Jim Bowden said that the end is nigh:
NYY-PGH close to finalizing deal w/ Burnett.should get done in next 24 hours according to source;NYY weighing one last offer from other team
— JIM BOWDEN (@JimBowdenESPNxm) February 16, 2012
Buster Olney concurs, though he didn’t put the hard time frame on it. Whatever the case, I’ll be happy to see this one end, just so that I don’t have to pretend to care about it anymore.
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 37
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 17
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 43
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 25
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)