Feb 16, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
On Monday we watched Patrick Rishe of Forbes, in much the way we’d watch a car wreck, make a hamfisted comparison between Josh Hamilton and Whitney Houston. I figured no one else would touch that, but I guess I figured wrong.
Jen Engel of Foxsports.com has one today. It’s nowhere near as bad as Rishe’s. Indeed, it says some decent things about addiction. And Whitney Houston for that matter. I just don’t know why they go together other than “famous addicts each in the news in the past couple of weeks.”
There are a lot of ballplayers who struggled with addiction. I’d have to figure that their examples are far more relevant to Josh Hamilton than Whitney Houston’s is.
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 4
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 17
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)