Feb 16, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
On Monday we watched Patrick Rishe of Forbes, in much the way we’d watch a car wreck, make a hamfisted comparison between Josh Hamilton and Whitney Houston. I figured no one else would touch that, but I guess I figured wrong.
Jen Engel of Foxsports.com has one today. It’s nowhere near as bad as Rishe’s. Indeed, it says some decent things about addiction. And Whitney Houston for that matter. I just don’t know why they go together other than “famous addicts each in the news in the past couple of weeks.”
There are a lot of ballplayers who struggled with addiction. I’d have to figure that their examples are far more relevant to Josh Hamilton than Whitney Houston’s is.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 44
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 32
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 50
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)