Feb 16, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
On Monday we watched Patrick Rishe of Forbes, in much the way we’d watch a car wreck, make a hamfisted comparison between Josh Hamilton and Whitney Houston. I figured no one else would touch that, but I guess I figured wrong.
Jen Engel of Foxsports.com has one today. It’s nowhere near as bad as Rishe’s. Indeed, it says some decent things about addiction. And Whitney Houston for that matter. I just don’t know why they go together other than “famous addicts each in the news in the past couple of weeks.”
There are a lot of ballplayers who struggled with addiction. I’d have to figure that their examples are far more relevant to Josh Hamilton than Whitney Houston’s is.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 0
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 28
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 15
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29