Feb 16, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
On Monday we watched Patrick Rishe of Forbes, in much the way we’d watch a car wreck, make a hamfisted comparison between Josh Hamilton and Whitney Houston. I figured no one else would touch that, but I guess I figured wrong.
Jen Engel of Foxsports.com has one today. It’s nowhere near as bad as Rishe’s. Indeed, it says some decent things about addiction. And Whitney Houston for that matter. I just don’t know why they go together other than “famous addicts each in the news in the past couple of weeks.”
There are a lot of ballplayers who struggled with addiction. I’d have to figure that their examples are far more relevant to Josh Hamilton than Whitney Houston’s is.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)