Feb 17, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Last year’s story about CC Sabathia giving up Cap’n Crunch and losing weight was red herring. Sabathia wasn’t really in the best shape of his life last season. Especially late in the season when he seemed to be back on the Crunch. And maybe lots of pizza and stuff.
But Buster Olney reports that we have a new CC to look forward to this season:
CC Sabathia again trained and lost lots of weight this winter, and has had conversations with NYY about doing better maintaining in-season.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) February 17, 2012
You buying it? Not sure I”m buying it.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 114
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (115)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (78)