Feb 17, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Last year’s story about CC Sabathia giving up Cap’n Crunch and losing weight was red herring. Sabathia wasn’t really in the best shape of his life last season. Especially late in the season when he seemed to be back on the Crunch. And maybe lots of pizza and stuff.
But Buster Olney reports that we have a new CC to look forward to this season:
CC Sabathia again trained and lost lots of weight this winter, and has had conversations with NYY about doing better maintaining in-season.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) February 17, 2012
You buying it? Not sure I”m buying it.
- Rays play Saturday’s game against the Blue Jays under protest 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 33
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 242
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (242)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)