Feb 17, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Last year’s story about CC Sabathia giving up Cap’n Crunch and losing weight was red herring. Sabathia wasn’t really in the best shape of his life last season. Especially late in the season when he seemed to be back on the Crunch. And maybe lots of pizza and stuff.
But Buster Olney reports that we have a new CC to look forward to this season:
CC Sabathia again trained and lost lots of weight this winter, and has had conversations with NYY about doing better maintaining in-season.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) February 17, 2012
You buying it? Not sure I”m buying it.
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 19
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 43
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- Royals acquire ace Johnny Cueto from the Reds 71
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)