Feb 17, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
Last year’s story about CC Sabathia giving up Cap’n Crunch and losing weight was red herring. Sabathia wasn’t really in the best shape of his life last season. Especially late in the season when he seemed to be back on the Crunch. And maybe lots of pizza and stuff.
But Buster Olney reports that we have a new CC to look forward to this season:
CC Sabathia again trained and lost lots of weight this winter, and has had conversations with NYY about doing better maintaining in-season.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) February 17, 2012
You buying it? Not sure I”m buying it.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)