Feb 17, 2012, 5:54 PM EDT
In memory of Gary Carter, who passed away Thursday following a battle with brain cancer, the Empire State Building will shine blue and orange tonight.
Carter spent just five of his 19 seasons with the Mets, but the Hall of Famer made a big impression in those years. He drove in 100 runs in two of them and was a key member of the 1986 World Series champs.
As for the 12 seasons he spent with the Expos, well, we’ll just pretend it’s a two-day tribute. Starting Saturday, the ESB is planning on going to red, white and blue lights for President’s Day, and those were the Expos’ colors anyway.
- Watch live: Red Wings at Blackhawks
- Watch live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas