Feb 18, 2012, 6:41 PM EDT
It’s not often that we have original news here. Scoops and such. But I can report to you — exclusively — that A’s starter Brandon McCarthy is in The Best Shape of His Life. I know this because he told me himself:
— Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32) February 18, 2012
Of course, it’s possible that he’s lying about that and just wanted to be featured on the blogosphere’s most popular offseason ballplayer health update feature.
I’ll be in Phoenix in a couple of weeks and I’m going to make a point to see McCarthy in person and judge for myself. Like, I’m gonna make him do jumping jacks and stuff. Better come correct, McCarthy.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)