Feb 18, 2012, 9:40 PM EDT
Earlier this week I linked to the new “MLB2K” commercial featuring Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition cover model Kate Upton teaching David Price, Justin Verlander, C.J. Wilson, and Jay Bruce the finer points of this year’s video game.
Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times asked Price about the experience of shooting the commercial and particularly the part where Upton leans in to give him some personal joystick instruction:
I messed up multiple times just so she’d continue to do that. We did at least 20 takes.
And yet Price, being a good teammate to his center fielder, added that “B.J. is still my favorite Upton.”
(Luckily we don’t make obvious jokes at HBT. Also, click here to watch the commercial.)
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 10
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 52
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 178
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (178)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (113)