Feb 18, 2012, 9:40 PM EDT
Earlier this week I linked to the new “MLB2K” commercial featuring Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition cover model Kate Upton teaching David Price, Justin Verlander, C.J. Wilson, and Jay Bruce the finer points of this year’s video game.
Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times asked Price about the experience of shooting the commercial and particularly the part where Upton leans in to give him some personal joystick instruction:
I messed up multiple times just so she’d continue to do that. We did at least 20 takes.
And yet Price, being a good teammate to his center fielder, added that “B.J. is still my favorite Upton.”
(Luckily we don’t make obvious jokes at HBT. Also, click here to watch the commercial.)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69