David Price enjoyed his commercial shoot with Kate Upton

Feb 18, 2012, 9:40 PM EST

Screen Shot 2012-02-18 at 7.01.08 PM

Earlier this week I linked to the new “MLB2K” commercial featuring Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition cover model Kate Upton teaching David Price, Justin Verlander, C.J. Wilson, and Jay Bruce the finer points of this year’s video game.

Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times asked Price about the experience of shooting the commercial and particularly the part where Upton leans in to give him some personal joystick instruction:

I messed up multiple times just so she’d continue to do that. We did at least 20 takes.

And yet Price, being a good teammate to his center fielder, added that “B.J. is still my favorite Upton.”

(Luckily we don’t make obvious jokes at HBT. Also, click here to watch the commercial.)

1. petergammonsdrunknephew - Feb 18, 2012 at 9:58 PM

No BJ jokes? even though she “leans in to give him some personal joystick instruction”? Also: I don’t blame him one bit for prolonging that.

2. kandh2004 - Feb 19, 2012 at 4:27 AM

Shit Price might be the greatest player ever just for trying that

3. proudlycanadian - Feb 19, 2012 at 5:12 AM

Aaron obviously has the hots for Kate Upton. By now, I am sure that Aaron is an expert with his joy stick.

• WhenMattStairsIsKing - Feb 20, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Classy.

4. ogre2010 - Feb 19, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Maybe a funny commercial but I getting The Show 12

5. cur68 - Feb 19, 2012 at 9:59 AM

“B.J. is still my favorite Upton”, eh ? David Price, FTW. Gotta admit, with respect to all Uptons pictured, BJ is one of my….never mind.

6. sabathiawouldbegoodattheeighthtoo - Feb 19, 2012 at 1:56 PM

How can you not like BJ? He really stands for something.

(Though it would have been much more amusing if he said Justin was his favorite Upton. That guy is good at baseball.)

7. jimatkins - Feb 19, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I think I’d pay money to see that girl read the phone book. Loudly, with a lot of deep breaths.

8. yankeesgameday - Feb 19, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Captain Obvious approves of this post.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester