Feb 20, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
Beltran apparently even offered to pay for the operation, but then he was traded to the Giants in July. Niese had the surgery anyway and now says the rhinoplasty (that’s the official name, amusingly) has helped with his breathing.
As someone with a big schnoz the idea of a 25-year-old professional athlete getting a nose job seems weird to me, but then again I’m not constantly on television and getting my picture taken by people at my job.
More worrisome for Mets fans? Niese was pretty decent (4.39 career ERA) with the old nose, so what happens if he goes the way of Jennifer Grey with the new nose?
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 13
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 125
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (124)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)