Feb 20, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
Beltran apparently even offered to pay for the operation, but then he was traded to the Giants in July. Niese had the surgery anyway and now says the rhinoplasty (that’s the official name, amusingly) has helped with his breathing.
As someone with a big schnoz the idea of a 25-year-old professional athlete getting a nose job seems weird to me, but then again I’m not constantly on television and getting my picture taken by people at my job.
More worrisome for Mets fans? Niese was pretty decent (4.39 career ERA) with the old nose, so what happens if he goes the way of Jennifer Grey with the new nose?
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 4
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 9
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 28
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 42
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (92)