Feb 20, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Yesterday pitchers and catchers reported. Today is the first day of full workouts. It also means that the beat reporters are hanging around locker rooms again which, in turn, means many more opportunities for us to get updates on the sort of shape the ballplayers are in. Like this:
First “best shape of my life” spring quote came this morning from Chris Davis. So, if you had him in your office pool, you win.
— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) February 20, 2012
Well, not the first player, but we’ll forgive Ms. Ghiroli if she hasn’t been keeping up with the BSOHL beat here at HBT.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)