Feb 20, 2012, 12:30 PM EST
From La Velle Neal of the Star-Tribune, reporting from Fort Myers this morning:
I headed over to the other side of the clubhouse, where Danny Valencia dresses. Get your urban dictionaries out, because Valencia wants everyone to know he’s “yoked,” this year.
He weighs about the same as he did last season but says it’s the best he’s ever felt.
“It’s night and day how I feel,” he said.“I really made a serious, conscious effort to get my body right. I feel like I can move and feel strong at the same time. “I worked really hard,” he said, “ but I feel great., I’m a lot stronger than I’ve ever been. I’m faster than I’ve ever been.”
The proof will be in whether he can improve on that .246/.294/.383 line from last year.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 39
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 51
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)