Feb 20, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
From La Velle Neal of the Star-Tribune, reporting from Fort Myers this morning:
I headed over to the other side of the clubhouse, where Danny Valencia dresses. Get your urban dictionaries out, because Valencia wants everyone to know he’s “yoked,” this year.
He weighs about the same as he did last season but says it’s the best he’s ever felt.
“It’s night and day how I feel,” he said.“I really made a serious, conscious effort to get my body right. I feel like I can move and feel strong at the same time. “I worked really hard,” he said, “ but I feel great., I’m a lot stronger than I’ve ever been. I’m faster than I’ve ever been.”
The proof will be in whether he can improve on that .246/.294/.383 line from last year.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 8
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)