Feb 20, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Dirty secret of spring training: not a ton goes on most days. All of the reporters get there first thing in the morning and most of them have stories they’re working on, requiring them to do an interview or two. But when that’s done, it’s a lot of just watching people do things. At least until the real games start and they get back into the game story/postgame interview routine.
With the advent of Twitter and smart phones and stuff, it also means a lot of reporters taking pictures of random workouts and posting the pics to Twitter. And guess what: a lot of those pictures are bad. And now there is a place collecting them all for your pleasure:
I love this for two reasons. First, it’s kind of funny. Second: because when I get to Arizona in two weeks I can post my usually crappy pictures and now, because Bad Spring Training Twitpics exists, I can pretend that I’m taking crappy pictures ironically.
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot