Feb 20, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Dirty secret of spring training: not a ton goes on most days. All of the reporters get there first thing in the morning and most of them have stories they’re working on, requiring them to do an interview or two. But when that’s done, it’s a lot of just watching people do things. At least until the real games start and they get back into the game story/postgame interview routine.
With the advent of Twitter and smart phones and stuff, it also means a lot of reporters taking pictures of random workouts and posting the pics to Twitter. And guess what: a lot of those pictures are bad. And now there is a place collecting them all for your pleasure:
I love this for two reasons. First, it’s kind of funny. Second: because when I get to Arizona in two weeks I can post my usually crappy pictures and now, because Bad Spring Training Twitpics exists, I can pretend that I’m taking crappy pictures ironically.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)