Feb 20, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
Dirty secret of spring training: not a ton goes on most days. All of the reporters get there first thing in the morning and most of them have stories they’re working on, requiring them to do an interview or two. But when that’s done, it’s a lot of just watching people do things. At least until the real games start and they get back into the game story/postgame interview routine.
With the advent of Twitter and smart phones and stuff, it also means a lot of reporters taking pictures of random workouts and posting the pics to Twitter. And guess what: a lot of those pictures are bad. And now there is a place collecting them all for your pleasure:
I love this for two reasons. First, it’s kind of funny. Second: because when I get to Arizona in two weeks I can post my usually crappy pictures and now, because Bad Spring Training Twitpics exists, I can pretend that I’m taking crappy pictures ironically.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)