Feb 20, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
We’ve seen this coming for a while, but it appears to actually be happening now. Manny Ramirez is signing with the Oakland A’s:
Manny Ramirez told ESPN’s Pedro Gomez on Monday that he has agreed to a deal with the Oakland Athletics. Sources tell Gomez the deal is worth about $500,000.
Ramirez will have to sit for 50 games due to his drug suspension, of course. And then he will have to earn time on a team that has about 600 dudes who can DH or play a corner outfield position.
But hey: we get to see Manny in a new uniform, and that’s always fun, right?
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)