Feb 20, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
We’ve seen this coming for a while, but it appears to actually be happening now. Manny Ramirez is signing with the Oakland A’s:
Manny Ramirez told ESPN’s Pedro Gomez on Monday that he has agreed to a deal with the Oakland Athletics. Sources tell Gomez the deal is worth about $500,000.
Ramirez will have to sit for 50 games due to his drug suspension, of course. And then he will have to earn time on a team that has about 600 dudes who can DH or play a corner outfield position.
But hey: we get to see Manny in a new uniform, and that’s always fun, right?
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 5
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 172
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (178)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)