Feb 20, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
We’ve seen this coming for a while, but it appears to actually be happening now. Manny Ramirez is signing with the Oakland A’s:
Manny Ramirez told ESPN’s Pedro Gomez on Monday that he has agreed to a deal with the Oakland Athletics. Sources tell Gomez the deal is worth about $500,000.
Ramirez will have to sit for 50 games due to his drug suspension, of course. And then he will have to earn time on a team that has about 600 dudes who can DH or play a corner outfield position.
But hey: we get to see Manny in a new uniform, and that’s always fun, right?
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 71
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)