Feb 20, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
We’ve seen this coming for a while, but it appears to actually be happening now. Manny Ramirez is signing with the Oakland A’s:
Manny Ramirez told ESPN’s Pedro Gomez on Monday that he has agreed to a deal with the Oakland Athletics. Sources tell Gomez the deal is worth about $500,000.
Ramirez will have to sit for 50 games due to his drug suspension, of course. And then he will have to earn time on a team that has about 600 dudes who can DH or play a corner outfield position.
But hey: we get to see Manny in a new uniform, and that’s always fun, right?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)