Feb 20, 2012, 8:08 AM EST
Buster Olney reports that the Yankees have a deal to sign Raul Ibanez. The deal is pending a physical. The deal is for $1.1 million in base salary, and could be worth as much as $4 million pending incentives.
It’s not sexy — I can’t think of any Yankees fans who comment here who have been gaga about it — but it’s fine enough move, especially if he’s platooning with Andruw Jones and isn’t expected to play much if any defense.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)