Feb 20, 2012, 8:08 AM EDT
Buster Olney reports that the Yankees have a deal to sign Raul Ibanez. The deal is pending a physical. The deal is for $1.1 million in base salary, and could be worth as much as $4 million pending incentives.
It’s not sexy — I can’t think of any Yankees fans who comment here who have been gaga about it — but it’s fine enough move, especially if he’s platooning with Andruw Jones and isn’t expected to play much if any defense.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 5
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)