Feb 20, 2012, 8:08 AM EDT
Buster Olney reports that the Yankees have a deal to sign Raul Ibanez. The deal is pending a physical. The deal is for $1.1 million in base salary, and could be worth as much as $4 million pending incentives.
It’s not sexy — I can’t think of any Yankees fans who comment here who have been gaga about it — but it’s fine enough move, especially if he’s platooning with Andruw Jones and isn’t expected to play much if any defense.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 26
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)