Feb 20, 2012, 8:08 AM EST
Buster Olney reports that the Yankees have a deal to sign Raul Ibanez. The deal is pending a physical. The deal is for $1.1 million in base salary, and could be worth as much as $4 million pending incentives.
It’s not sexy — I can’t think of any Yankees fans who comment here who have been gaga about it — but it’s fine enough move, especially if he’s platooning with Andruw Jones and isn’t expected to play much if any defense.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 74
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)