Feb 20, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
The Rockies announced this evening via their official Twitter account that they have a “handshake agreement” on a contract extension with manager Jim Tracy.
No word on the exact details, but Tracy’s current contract was set to expire after this season. And so, the new deal will allow him to avoid the dreaded lame-duck status.
“We expect this relationship to continue for a number of years. We are building a culture of value together in a world of performance.”
It sounds like O’Dowd stole that last sentence from a car commercial, but he is obviously thrilled to have Tracy in the fold for the foreseeable future.
Tracy owns a 230-210 record (.523) since taking over as Colorado’s skipper when Clint Hurdle was fired in May of 2009, but the Rockies are coming off a disappointing 73-89 season.
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 6
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 18
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 36
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 58
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (108)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings