Feb 20, 2012, 8:01 PM EST
The Rockies announced this evening via their official Twitter account that they have a “handshake agreement” on a contract extension with manager Jim Tracy.
No word on the exact details, but Tracy’s current contract was set to expire after this season. And so, the new deal will allow him to avoid the dreaded lame-duck status.
“We expect this relationship to continue for a number of years. We are building a culture of value together in a world of performance.”
It sounds like O’Dowd stole that last sentence from a car commercial, but he is obviously thrilled to have Tracy in the fold for the foreseeable future.
Tracy owns a 230-210 record (.523) since taking over as Colorado’s skipper when Clint Hurdle was fired in May of 2009, but the Rockies are coming off a disappointing 73-89 season.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 377
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)