Feb 20, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
The Rockies announced this evening via their official Twitter account that they have a “handshake agreement” on a contract extension with manager Jim Tracy.
No word on the exact details, but Tracy’s current contract was set to expire after this season. And so, the new deal will allow him to avoid the dreaded lame-duck status.
“We expect this relationship to continue for a number of years. We are building a culture of value together in a world of performance.”
It sounds like O’Dowd stole that last sentence from a car commercial, but he is obviously thrilled to have Tracy in the fold for the foreseeable future.
Tracy owns a 230-210 record (.523) since taking over as Colorado’s skipper when Clint Hurdle was fired in May of 2009, but the Rockies are coming off a disappointing 73-89 season.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)