Feb 20, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
The Rockies announced this evening via their official Twitter account that they have a “handshake agreement” on a contract extension with manager Jim Tracy.
No word on the exact details, but Tracy’s current contract was set to expire after this season. And so, the new deal will allow him to avoid the dreaded lame-duck status.
“We expect this relationship to continue for a number of years. We are building a culture of value together in a world of performance.”
It sounds like O’Dowd stole that last sentence from a car commercial, but he is obviously thrilled to have Tracy in the fold for the foreseeable future.
Tracy owns a 230-210 record (.523) since taking over as Colorado’s skipper when Clint Hurdle was fired in May of 2009, but the Rockies are coming off a disappointing 73-89 season.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 24
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 68
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 34
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (108)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)