Feb 20, 2012, 1:20 PM EST
As if Tommy Hanson didn’t have enough on his plate coming back from last season’s arm problems, Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that the Braves right-hander got into a minor, one-car accident on the way to camp this morning.
Bowman writes that Hanson “bumped his head” after his car “blew a tire” and the Braves are having him checked for a possible concussion.
Hanson made it to the ballpark just fine before asking to take a trip to the hospital to have everything looked at, which is definitely smart considering how many players have been sidelined for months by concussions in the past couple seasons.
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)