Feb 20, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
As if Tommy Hanson didn’t have enough on his plate coming back from last season’s arm problems, Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that the Braves right-hander got into a minor, one-car accident on the way to camp this morning.
Bowman writes that Hanson “bumped his head” after his car “blew a tire” and the Braves are having him checked for a possible concussion.
Hanson made it to the ballpark just fine before asking to take a trip to the hospital to have everything looked at, which is definitely smart considering how many players have been sidelined for months by concussions in the past couple seasons.
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 0
- Apparently MLB is going to ignore Alex Sanabia throwing a spitball 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 21
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 6
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT