Feb 20, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
As if Tommy Hanson didn’t have enough on his plate coming back from last season’s arm problems, Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that the Braves right-hander got into a minor, one-car accident on the way to camp this morning.
Bowman writes that Hanson “bumped his head” after his car “blew a tire” and the Braves are having him checked for a possible concussion.
Hanson made it to the ballpark just fine before asking to take a trip to the hospital to have everything looked at, which is definitely smart considering how many players have been sidelined for months by concussions in the past couple seasons.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 19
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 7
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 41
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)