Feb 20, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
As if Tommy Hanson didn’t have enough on his plate coming back from last season’s arm problems, Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that the Braves right-hander got into a minor, one-car accident on the way to camp this morning.
Bowman writes that Hanson “bumped his head” after his car “blew a tire” and the Braves are having him checked for a possible concussion.
Hanson made it to the ballpark just fine before asking to take a trip to the hospital to have everything looked at, which is definitely smart considering how many players have been sidelined for months by concussions in the past couple seasons.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 12
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 77
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 13
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 113
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)