Feb 20, 2012, 1:20 PM EST
As if Tommy Hanson didn’t have enough on his plate coming back from last season’s arm problems, Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that the Braves right-hander got into a minor, one-car accident on the way to camp this morning.
Bowman writes that Hanson “bumped his head” after his car “blew a tire” and the Braves are having him checked for a possible concussion.
Hanson made it to the ballpark just fine before asking to take a trip to the hospital to have everything looked at, which is definitely smart considering how many players have been sidelined for months by concussions in the past couple seasons.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 33
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)