Feb 21, 2012, 6:51 PM EDT
Jeff Francoeur is the Royals’ second-highest paid player after landing a two-year, $13.5 million extension last summer, but when he showed up at camp, he found his locker and gear situated in with the minor leaguers.
As it turned out, Alex Gordon was to blame. Gordon, who had already made his way to Royals camp two weeks early, decided to rearrange the locker room to stick Francoeur in between Ryan Verdugo and Paulo Orlando.
“He got me good,” Francoeur told the Kansas City Star. “I’ll get even, but I’ll wait a little bit so he won’t be expecting things. It’s not over.”
Francoeur is back in the prime real estate with a double locker now. As for, Gordon, well, he better be careful or he might find himself in Edmonton next time he plans a getaway. We hear Francoeur is in good with Delta.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 1
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 9
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 35
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)