Feb 21, 2012, 6:51 PM EDT
Jeff Francoeur is the Royals’ second-highest paid player after landing a two-year, $13.5 million extension last summer, but when he showed up at camp, he found his locker and gear situated in with the minor leaguers.
As it turned out, Alex Gordon was to blame. Gordon, who had already made his way to Royals camp two weeks early, decided to rearrange the locker room to stick Francoeur in between Ryan Verdugo and Paulo Orlando.
“He got me good,” Francoeur told the Kansas City Star. “I’ll get even, but I’ll wait a little bit so he won’t be expecting things. It’s not over.”
Francoeur is back in the prime real estate with a double locker now. As for, Gordon, well, he better be careful or he might find himself in Edmonton next time he plans a getaway. We hear Francoeur is in good with Delta.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 55
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)