Feb 21, 2012, 6:51 PM EST
Jeff Francoeur is the Royals’ second-highest paid player after landing a two-year, $13.5 million extension last summer, but when he showed up at camp, he found his locker and gear situated in with the minor leaguers.
As it turned out, Alex Gordon was to blame. Gordon, who had already made his way to Royals camp two weeks early, decided to rearrange the locker room to stick Francoeur in between Ryan Verdugo and Paulo Orlando.
“He got me good,” Francoeur told the Kansas City Star. “I’ll get even, but I’ll wait a little bit so he won’t be expecting things. It’s not over.”
Francoeur is back in the prime real estate with a double locker now. As for, Gordon, well, he better be careful or he might find himself in Edmonton next time he plans a getaway. We hear Francoeur is in good with Delta.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)