Feb 21, 2012, 6:51 PM EDT
Jeff Francoeur is the Royals’ second-highest paid player after landing a two-year, $13.5 million extension last summer, but when he showed up at camp, he found his locker and gear situated in with the minor leaguers.
As it turned out, Alex Gordon was to blame. Gordon, who had already made his way to Royals camp two weeks early, decided to rearrange the locker room to stick Francoeur in between Ryan Verdugo and Paulo Orlando.
“He got me good,” Francoeur told the Kansas City Star. “I’ll get even, but I’ll wait a little bit so he won’t be expecting things. It’s not over.”
Francoeur is back in the prime real estate with a double locker now. As for, Gordon, well, he better be careful or he might find himself in Edmonton next time he plans a getaway. We hear Francoeur is in good with Delta.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 44
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (71)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (70)