Feb 21, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Depending on how closely you followed the MLB Fan Cave thing last season, you may or may not know that Ryan Wagner was one of the two guys involved. I got to meet him once. Nice guy.
With his iteration of the Fan Cave over, I was wondering what he’d be doing with his time. I knew he was doing some radio in Baltimore over the winter, but what next? Marketing? Law school? Circus? The possibilities are endless. But he has settled on one: the Baltimore Orioles announced today that Wagner is going to be the new P.A. announcer at Camden Yards.
Sweet gig. Good luck, Ryan.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)