Feb 21, 2012, 3:37 PM EDT
This isn’t a big trade, but not a lot else is going on: The Rangers acquired lefty Kelvin De La Cruz from the Indians for cash considerations.
De La Cruz is 23 years-old. He has started all but 12 of his 105 minor league games in the Indians’ system. He strikes out a fair number of guys but walked six men per nine innings last year in Double-A.
As Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News points out, however, he has been pretty tough on lefties, so he may have a future as a lefty bullpen specialist, so maybe we’ll see him pop up in the Rangers’ bullpen at some point.
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 0
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 31
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 53
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 96
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (99)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)