Feb 21, 2012, 3:37 PM EDT
This isn’t a big trade, but not a lot else is going on: The Rangers acquired lefty Kelvin De La Cruz from the Indians for cash considerations.
De La Cruz is 23 years-old. He has started all but 12 of his 105 minor league games in the Indians’ system. He strikes out a fair number of guys but walked six men per nine innings last year in Double-A.
As Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News points out, however, he has been pretty tough on lefties, so he may have a future as a lefty bullpen specialist, so maybe we’ll see him pop up in the Rangers’ bullpen at some point.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)