Feb 21, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
No, not that Chris Carpenter. He’s still a Cardinal. This is the Cubs reliever. Who will now be a Boston Red Sox in exchange for the Cubs hiring away Theo Epstein. There will be a player to be named later too, so it’s not like this is ever ending, apparently.
Not a significant player, really. Carpenter has a total of 10 major league games worth of relief duty under his belt. He throws hard but walks a lot of guys. He has spent four seasons bouncing around the Cubs’ system, posting a 21-19 record and a 3.62 ERA and some fairly high walk rates in 96 games, 60 of which he started.
He’s 26, so he’s not a prospect, but it’s possible that he could become a major league reliever if he could improve the command a bit.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)