Feb 21, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Following up on Tommy Hanson’s car wreck from yesterday, Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that Hanson has a mild concussion and should miss a few days of workouts. David O’Brien of the AJC adds that it’s a Grade 1 concussion, which is the least serious flavor of concussion.
He came to camp this morning but was sent home. Bowman says that, assuming he can resume workouts over the weekend or by early next week, he should be able to stay on schedule. Any more than that and he’ll miss game time.
Not a great way for Hanson to start the season after having much of last year derailed by shoulder problems.
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 9
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 16
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)