Feb 21, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Following up on Tommy Hanson’s car wreck from yesterday, Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that Hanson has a mild concussion and should miss a few days of workouts. David O’Brien of the AJC adds that it’s a Grade 1 concussion, which is the least serious flavor of concussion.
He came to camp this morning but was sent home. Bowman says that, assuming he can resume workouts over the weekend or by early next week, he should be able to stay on schedule. Any more than that and he’ll miss game time.
Not a great way for Hanson to start the season after having much of last year derailed by shoulder problems.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)