Feb 21, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Following up on Tommy Hanson’s car wreck from yesterday, Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that Hanson has a mild concussion and should miss a few days of workouts. David O’Brien of the AJC adds that it’s a Grade 1 concussion, which is the least serious flavor of concussion.
He came to camp this morning but was sent home. Bowman says that, assuming he can resume workouts over the weekend or by early next week, he should be able to stay on schedule. Any more than that and he’ll miss game time.
Not a great way for Hanson to start the season after having much of last year derailed by shoulder problems.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)