Feb 21, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Following up on Tommy Hanson’s car wreck from yesterday, Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that Hanson has a mild concussion and should miss a few days of workouts. David O’Brien of the AJC adds that it’s a Grade 1 concussion, which is the least serious flavor of concussion.
He came to camp this morning but was sent home. Bowman says that, assuming he can resume workouts over the weekend or by early next week, he should be able to stay on schedule. Any more than that and he’ll miss game time.
Not a great way for Hanson to start the season after having much of last year derailed by shoulder problems.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- LIVE: Stanley Cup Final Game 4 pregame show
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming