Feb 21, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Following up on Tommy Hanson’s car wreck from yesterday, Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that Hanson has a mild concussion and should miss a few days of workouts. David O’Brien of the AJC adds that it’s a Grade 1 concussion, which is the least serious flavor of concussion.
He came to camp this morning but was sent home. Bowman says that, assuming he can resume workouts over the weekend or by early next week, he should be able to stay on schedule. Any more than that and he’ll miss game time.
Not a great way for Hanson to start the season after having much of last year derailed by shoulder problems.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 47
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)