Feb 21, 2012, 5:19 PM EDT
Today was Wilson Ramos‘ first day back in his usual major league routine since he was kidnapped in Venezuela last November. Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com has a story up about it.
For the most part Ramos sounds like he’s all about getting back to business. But there is at least one thing suggesting that his ordeal will always stick with him:
Wilson Ramos arrived for spring training with a new tattoo emblazoned on his left forearm. It includes a flock of doves and a biblical quote in Spanish, which translated reads: “I put everything in Jesus, because he’s got my back.”
Beneath the quote are the numbers “11-11-11.” As in November 11, 2011. The day Ramos was rescued by Venezuelan authorities following 50 hours in captivity.
Can’t imagine how one just goes on from something as scary as all that, but for better or for worse, we all get to watch Ramos do it this season.
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 7
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)