Feb 21, 2012, 5:19 PM EDT
Today was Wilson Ramos‘ first day back in his usual major league routine since he was kidnapped in Venezuela last November. Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com has a story up about it.
For the most part Ramos sounds like he’s all about getting back to business. But there is at least one thing suggesting that his ordeal will always stick with him:
Wilson Ramos arrived for spring training with a new tattoo emblazoned on his left forearm. It includes a flock of doves and a biblical quote in Spanish, which translated reads: “I put everything in Jesus, because he’s got my back.”
Beneath the quote are the numbers “11-11-11.” As in November 11, 2011. The day Ramos was rescued by Venezuelan authorities following 50 hours in captivity.
Can’t imagine how one just goes on from something as scary as all that, but for better or for worse, we all get to watch Ramos do it this season.
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 8
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)