Feb 21, 2012, 5:19 PM EST
Today was Wilson Ramos‘ first day back in his usual major league routine since he was kidnapped in Venezuela last November. Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com has a story up about it.
For the most part Ramos sounds like he’s all about getting back to business. But there is at least one thing suggesting that his ordeal will always stick with him:
Wilson Ramos arrived for spring training with a new tattoo emblazoned on his left forearm. It includes a flock of doves and a biblical quote in Spanish, which translated reads: “I put everything in Jesus, because he’s got my back.”
Beneath the quote are the numbers “11-11-11.” As in November 11, 2011. The day Ramos was rescued by Venezuelan authorities following 50 hours in captivity.
Can’t imagine how one just goes on from something as scary as all that, but for better or for worse, we all get to watch Ramos do it this season.
- MLB Players React to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 4
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 76
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)