Feb 21, 2012, 5:19 PM EDT
Today was Wilson Ramos‘ first day back in his usual major league routine since he was kidnapped in Venezuela last November. Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com has a story up about it.
For the most part Ramos sounds like he’s all about getting back to business. But there is at least one thing suggesting that his ordeal will always stick with him:
Wilson Ramos arrived for spring training with a new tattoo emblazoned on his left forearm. It includes a flock of doves and a biblical quote in Spanish, which translated reads: “I put everything in Jesus, because he’s got my back.”
Beneath the quote are the numbers “11-11-11.” As in November 11, 2011. The day Ramos was rescued by Venezuelan authorities following 50 hours in captivity.
Can’t imagine how one just goes on from something as scary as all that, but for better or for worse, we all get to watch Ramos do it this season.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 0
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)