Feb 21, 2012, 5:19 PM EDT
Today was Wilson Ramos‘ first day back in his usual major league routine since he was kidnapped in Venezuela last November. Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com has a story up about it.
For the most part Ramos sounds like he’s all about getting back to business. But there is at least one thing suggesting that his ordeal will always stick with him:
Wilson Ramos arrived for spring training with a new tattoo emblazoned on his left forearm. It includes a flock of doves and a biblical quote in Spanish, which translated reads: “I put everything in Jesus, because he’s got my back.”
Beneath the quote are the numbers “11-11-11.” As in November 11, 2011. The day Ramos was rescued by Venezuelan authorities following 50 hours in captivity.
Can’t imagine how one just goes on from something as scary as all that, but for better or for worse, we all get to watch Ramos do it this season.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 56
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)