Feb 22, 2012, 8:20 AM EDT
My son has a “Clone Wars” lunch box. It’s pretty cool. Only problem is that it’s black and you can’t really see where I wrote his name on it. Given how popular that particular lunch box is, you won’t be surprised to hear that he’s accidentally brought some other kid’s home several times. First grade isn’t easy.
A-Rod packs a lunch too, it seems. Page Six is all over it. No word, though, if he gets his confused with anyone else’s:
The Yankee slugger was spotted at the Mondrian Hotel pool in South Beach on Saturday afternoon having lunch with girlfriend Torrie Wilson. But A-Rod didn’t order from the menu — sources say he’s following a special high-protein diet and travels with a cooler of his own grub. Rodriguez was seen asking a waitress to heat up his special meal in the kitchen, while Wilson nibbled on the poolside cafe’s chips and guacamole.
I got no problem with him doing this, by the way. He’s a finely-honed professional athlete who is getting up there in years and thus is doing everything possible to maintain peak conditioning. Good for him. But really, if you don’t eat guacamole, for whatever reason, I don’t want to hang around you. Just sayin’.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 21
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 16
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 79
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)