Feb 22, 2012, 8:20 AM EDT
My son has a “Clone Wars” lunch box. It’s pretty cool. Only problem is that it’s black and you can’t really see where I wrote his name on it. Given how popular that particular lunch box is, you won’t be surprised to hear that he’s accidentally brought some other kid’s home several times. First grade isn’t easy.
A-Rod packs a lunch too, it seems. Page Six is all over it. No word, though, if he gets his confused with anyone else’s:
The Yankee slugger was spotted at the Mondrian Hotel pool in South Beach on Saturday afternoon having lunch with girlfriend Torrie Wilson. But A-Rod didn’t order from the menu — sources say he’s following a special high-protein diet and travels with a cooler of his own grub. Rodriguez was seen asking a waitress to heat up his special meal in the kitchen, while Wilson nibbled on the poolside cafe’s chips and guacamole.
I got no problem with him doing this, by the way. He’s a finely-honed professional athlete who is getting up there in years and thus is doing everything possible to maintain peak conditioning. Good for him. But really, if you don’t eat guacamole, for whatever reason, I don’t want to hang around you. Just sayin’.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 7
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 43
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)