Feb 22, 2012, 8:20 AM EST
My son has a “Clone Wars” lunch box. It’s pretty cool. Only problem is that it’s black and you can’t really see where I wrote his name on it. Given how popular that particular lunch box is, you won’t be surprised to hear that he’s accidentally brought some other kid’s home several times. First grade isn’t easy.
A-Rod packs a lunch too, it seems. Page Six is all over it. No word, though, if he gets his confused with anyone else’s:
The Yankee slugger was spotted at the Mondrian Hotel pool in South Beach on Saturday afternoon having lunch with girlfriend Torrie Wilson. But A-Rod didn’t order from the menu — sources say he’s following a special high-protein diet and travels with a cooler of his own grub. Rodriguez was seen asking a waitress to heat up his special meal in the kitchen, while Wilson nibbled on the poolside cafe’s chips and guacamole.
I got no problem with him doing this, by the way. He’s a finely-honed professional athlete who is getting up there in years and thus is doing everything possible to maintain peak conditioning. Good for him. But really, if you don’t eat guacamole, for whatever reason, I don’t want to hang around you. Just sayin’.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)