Feb 22, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Daniels told T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com that the Rangers “have no moves planned or anything like that” and “are ready to go with this group of guys.”
As recently as last week the A’s were said to be close to acquiring Uehara, but apparently those talks have cooled. Uehara has stated that he’d prefer a return to Baltimore, but the Orioles’ interest in paying the price to bring him back has been unclear after getting Tommy Hunter and Chris Davis for him last July.
There’s no harm in keeping Uehara, of course, although it seemed fairly obvious almost immediately that the Rangers soured on him and he fell totally out of favor in the playoffs. Still, he’s reasonably priced at $4 million this season and posted a 2.56 ERA and 140/14 K/BB ratio in 109 innings since moving to the bullpen in 2010.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17