Feb 22, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Daniels told T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com that the Rangers “have no moves planned or anything like that” and “are ready to go with this group of guys.”
As recently as last week the A’s were said to be close to acquiring Uehara, but apparently those talks have cooled. Uehara has stated that he’d prefer a return to Baltimore, but the Orioles’ interest in paying the price to bring him back has been unclear after getting Tommy Hunter and Chris Davis for him last July.
There’s no harm in keeping Uehara, of course, although it seemed fairly obvious almost immediately that the Rangers soured on him and he fell totally out of favor in the playoffs. Still, he’s reasonably priced at $4 million this season and posted a 2.56 ERA and 140/14 K/BB ratio in 109 innings since moving to the bullpen in 2010.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)