Feb 22, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
The long epic battle between the Yankees and the Red Sox is played out mostly on the baseball diamond. But there are minor skirmishes here and there. Like the time that the guy in Florida bought the domain name matching the name of the Red Sox’ new spring training complex and directed it to the New York Yankees’ website:
As of Tuesday afternoon, typing jetbluepark.com into a Web browser resulted in the New York Yankees homepage being unfurled onto the screen.
“It does?” said Sam Kennedy, executive vice president and chief operating officer of the Boston Red Sox, when told Tuesday afternoon. Kennedy then watched as Red Sox senior adviser Charlie Steinberg typed jetbluepark.com onto his phone. “We’re going to have to look into that.”
But it wasn’t a Yankees fan who did it. Just some dude who lives in Fort Myers who thought it would be funny. Seems he just bought the domain last year before anyone associated with the Red Sox thought to do it.
Good thing the Stop Online Piracy Act is still in legislative limbo. If it was the law now the Red Sox probably would have the legal right to have the man shot. For starters.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 42
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 92
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)