Feb 22, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
Those are usually just a formality, but Garland is coming back from shoulder surgery and Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that he never took the physical exam … so the Indians canceled the signing.
Garland was scheduled to be examined Monday and it’s unclear if he simply no-showed or told the team in advance. Either way, the rehabbing 32-year-old right-hander is back on the open market.
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)