Feb 22, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
As soon as Carlos Zambrano was shipped to Miami everyone wanted to know how baseball’s most combustible pitcher would get along with baseball’s most combustible manager in Ozzie Guillen.
Guillen spoke on that yesterday. He opined that perhaps the reason Zambrano had issues with the Cubs is because the Cubs let him have issues. And, for his part, he vowed to not let that happen:
“Maybe it’s not his fault,’’ Guillen said. “Maybe it’s somebody’s fault. Maybe they let that tiger leave the cage and couldn’t bring him back. That tiger is not going to leave the cage. I guarantee you he is not leaving the cage. I guarantee you that. As soon as he tries to open the cage, I’ll be waiting for his ass.’’
That should be fun to watch.
In all seriousness, though, it probably won’t take Guillen bringing the hammer down on Zambrano to keep the guy in line. Given how little the Marlins are paying of Zambrano’s salary, he has to realize that if he messes up they’ll simply release him. And if they do that, it’s likely the end of his major league career.
Jul 28, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
This time it’s for both Stanozolol and Boldenone.
Jul 28, 2015, 6:16 PM EDT
Papelbon owns a sparkling 1.59 ERA and 40/8 K/BB ratio in 39 2/3 innings this season for the Phillies, and he’s 17-for-17 in save opportunities.
Jul 28, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
Voters who are more than 10 years removed from covering the game will no longer get to vote in Hall of Fame elections
Jul 28, 2015, 4:17 PM EDT
Hamels threw a no-hitter against Cubs on Saturday.
Jul 28, 2015, 4:09 PM EDT
The Nats may soon have two solid closers.
Jul 28, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
And he thinks Carlos Gonzalez is the next one out the door. He’s probably right.
Jul 28, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Designated for assignment by the Giants last week.
Jul 28, 2015, 3:29 PM EDT
Why, I have no idea.
Jul 28, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
General manager Dayton Moore is not messing around.
Jul 28, 2015, 1:01 PM EDT
Washington or elsewhere?
Jul 28, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Coors Field is powerful, but Tulowitzki is great anywhere.
Jul 28, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
He would be a nice addition to the Nats’ pen, but a costly one given his $13 million vesting option.
Jul 28, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Swanson was scheduled to join a minor-league team later this week after signing for $6.5 million.
Jul 28, 2015, 11:08 AM EDT
He had a right to be angry, but maybe he overdid it a bit?
Jul 28, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Washington is getting healthier, but still not quite healthy.
Jul 28, 2015, 10:37 AM EDT
Great Moments in Rounding Error?
Jul 28, 2015, 10:11 AM EDT
His last five games have been insane.
Jul 28, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
Dealing him — along with the rumors that they’d consider dealing Yasiel Puig — would continue a trend that Andrew Friedman began when he took over.
Jul 28, 2015, 9:19 AM EDT
Or they’re making a push to make the Dodgers’ life complicated. Either way.
Jul 28, 2015, 9:10 AM EDT
The trade happened just after the game. Did Rockies ownership consult Tulowitzki on it, as they said they would?
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 0
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 15
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 60
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 83
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)