Feb 22, 2012, 12:03 PM EST
The only team mentioned by name is the Mets, but really, it’s hard to see why anyone would be too exercised by the notion of adding Scott Kazmir to the organization. He’s been dreadful for three years and his tryout the other day did not reportedly reveal anything close to the return of his old form.
Nothing personal against Kazmir, but while there’s zero risk, there’s likely zero reward.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 13
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 24
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 44
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)