Feb 22, 2012, 1:03 PM EST
The Rays must have some weird tax situation that absolutely requires that no one show up for their June 29 game against the Tigers. How else to explain them giving away a promotional item that, if there is a God in Heaven, should send people running for the hills or an exorcist or something. From Rays Index, I present you with “Zim Bear”:
I realize that some of you are going to defend this thing and claim it’s adorable, but that just proves that it wields unholy power and that you are malleable and prone to the demon’s suggestion. Because it’s evil incarnate and must be killed with fire lest it wake up in the dark of night and consume your pets and children whole.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (90)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)