Feb 22, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
Much has been made of Tony La Russa hanging out in Tigers camp with his friend Jim Leyland, but the retired manager will soon be making an appearance in Cardinals camp as well.
Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that La Russa will be participating in a charity golf tournament next week near the Cardinals’ spring training complex and plans to stop by on March 2.
Also of note is that La Russa is scheduled to attend the Cardinals’ regular season opener against the Marlins, at the new ballpark in Miami.
Surely by then he’ll have cured Leyland of his smoking habit. Seems like a one-week project, right?
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)