Feb 22, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Much has been made of Tony La Russa hanging out in Tigers camp with his friend Jim Leyland, but the retired manager will soon be making an appearance in Cardinals camp as well.
Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that La Russa will be participating in a charity golf tournament next week near the Cardinals’ spring training complex and plans to stop by on March 2.
Also of note is that La Russa is scheduled to attend the Cardinals’ regular season opener against the Marlins, at the new ballpark in Miami.
Surely by then he’ll have cured Leyland of his smoking habit. Seems like a one-week project, right?
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 55
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (107)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (95)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team