Feb 22, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Much has been made of Tony La Russa hanging out in Tigers camp with his friend Jim Leyland, but the retired manager will soon be making an appearance in Cardinals camp as well.
Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that La Russa will be participating in a charity golf tournament next week near the Cardinals’ spring training complex and plans to stop by on March 2.
Also of note is that La Russa is scheduled to attend the Cardinals’ regular season opener against the Marlins, at the new ballpark in Miami.
Surely by then he’ll have cured Leyland of his smoking habit. Seems like a one-week project, right?
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 3
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 37
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 107
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (107)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (83)