Feb 23, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
Remember last year how we couldn’t go a day in spring training without hearing about strained oblique muscles? Yeah, that was great. This year we have a new fashionable muscle strain: starting pitcher backs.
Will back strains become as popular as strained obliques? Hard to say, really. It used to be that the classics — hamstrings, mostly — never went out of style. Now we’re in a strange new world where there are no limits to what can rule the injury fashion landscape.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 45
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 35
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)