Feb 23, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
Remember last year how we couldn’t go a day in spring training without hearing about strained oblique muscles? Yeah, that was great. This year we have a new fashionable muscle strain: starting pitcher backs.
Will back strains become as popular as strained obliques? Hard to say, really. It used to be that the classics — hamstrings, mostly — never went out of style. Now we’re in a strange new world where there are no limits to what can rule the injury fashion landscape.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)