Feb 23, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Remember last year how we couldn’t go a day in spring training without hearing about strained oblique muscles? Yeah, that was great. This year we have a new fashionable muscle strain: starting pitcher backs.
Will back strains become as popular as strained obliques? Hard to say, really. It used to be that the classics — hamstrings, mostly — never went out of style. Now we’re in a strange new world where there are no limits to what can rule the injury fashion landscape.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million