Feb 23, 2012, 12:04 PM EST
No one believes it when someone like Ronald Belisario or Ron Washington says that they did cocaine only once. Seems that Bill Lee doesn’t believe Oil Can Boyd’s claim that he did cocaine hundreds of times:
Former Red Sox pitcher Bill Lee, appearing on WEEI’s Planet Mikey show recently with good friend Mike Adams, spoke about Dennis “Oil Can” Boyd’s contention that Boyd feeling the effects of cocaine most of the time he was pitching on the Red Sox. Lee gave voice to what other Sox officials have said privately when he said: “He’s like the guy who said he was pitching on acid (former Pirates pitcher Dock Ellis). When his lips are moving, he’s lying.”
And if Bill Lee tells you that people who use drugs aren’t truthful, you have to believe him.
Either way, it’s a sad day in this country when no one believes what coke heads say. What happened to trust, man?
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 28
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 58
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27