Feb 23, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Bryan LaHair was the MVP of the Pacific Coast League last year. Yes, Iowa is in the Pacific Coast League. Just let it go.
But he’s not content to rest on those laurels. He’s cranking it to 11, BSOHL-style!
“I’m about as ready as I can be,” he said. “I’m probably in the best shape of my life. I’m twice as strong as I was last year and one year older, so that’s all good.”
I’m sure that declaration is 100% about his actual physical shape and is in now way meant to signal to team brass that he should be given the starting first baseman’s job over Anthony Rizzo.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 52
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 61
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)