Feb 23, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
Bryan LaHair was the MVP of the Pacific Coast League last year. Yes, Iowa is in the Pacific Coast League. Just let it go.
But he’s not content to rest on those laurels. He’s cranking it to 11, BSOHL-style!
“I’m about as ready as I can be,” he said. “I’m probably in the best shape of my life. I’m twice as strong as I was last year and one year older, so that’s all good.”
I’m sure that declaration is 100% about his actual physical shape and is in now way meant to signal to team brass that he should be given the starting first baseman’s job over Anthony Rizzo.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 24
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 28
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)