Feb 23, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Bryan LaHair was the MVP of the Pacific Coast League last year. Yes, Iowa is in the Pacific Coast League. Just let it go.
But he’s not content to rest on those laurels. He’s cranking it to 11, BSOHL-style!
“I’m about as ready as I can be,” he said. “I’m probably in the best shape of my life. I’m twice as strong as I was last year and one year older, so that’s all good.”
I’m sure that declaration is 100% about his actual physical shape and is in now way meant to signal to team brass that he should be given the starting first baseman’s job over Anthony Rizzo.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 2
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)