Feb 23, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Bryan LaHair was the MVP of the Pacific Coast League last year. Yes, Iowa is in the Pacific Coast League. Just let it go.
But he’s not content to rest on those laurels. He’s cranking it to 11, BSOHL-style!
“I’m about as ready as I can be,” he said. “I’m probably in the best shape of my life. I’m twice as strong as I was last year and one year older, so that’s all good.”
I’m sure that declaration is 100% about his actual physical shape and is in now way meant to signal to team brass that he should be given the starting first baseman’s job over Anthony Rizzo.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 35
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)