Feb 23, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Bryan LaHair was the MVP of the Pacific Coast League last year. Yes, Iowa is in the Pacific Coast League. Just let it go.
But he’s not content to rest on those laurels. He’s cranking it to 11, BSOHL-style!
“I’m about as ready as I can be,” he said. “I’m probably in the best shape of my life. I’m twice as strong as I was last year and one year older, so that’s all good.”
I’m sure that declaration is 100% about his actual physical shape and is in now way meant to signal to team brass that he should be given the starting first baseman’s job over Anthony Rizzo.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 53
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)