Feb 23, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
General manager John Mozeliak appeared on AM-590 in St. Louis this morning and said: “Roy Oswalt is not going to be a Cardinal.”
Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post Dispatch wrote a short time earlier that a friend of Oswalt “would not be surprised” if the veteran starter chose the Cardinals, but apparently that’s no longer an option.
That would seemingly leave the Rangers and Red Sox as favorites, although this morning Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reported that “people who know” say “it is not the Rangers or Red Sox for Oswalt.” Heyman even put ‘NOT” in all caps.
Time for another big offseason acquisition by Mystery Team, perhaps?
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 13
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 10
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)